Schedules and pickup locations go hand-in-hand. Think of a schedule as like a delivery route, where each schedule can have multiple pickup locations associated with it. If you have different regions where there are clusters of pickup locations then these might all be on the same schedule, where another region might be on a different schedule.
Schedules will also be used to control when your customers can order. You will set up a series of dates for each schedule so your customers will only be able to order if there is an open order window for that location at the time they attempt to place their order.
- Schedule - Is a representation of your order cycle.
- Order Window - Is the date range that you'll be accepting orders for a given delivery.
- Deadline Reminder - Is an automated email that can be scheduled to issue to the group of customers assigned to the schedule.
- Multiple Pickup Locations and/or Delivery Zones can share the same schedule.
- From the Logistics menu select Schedules
- Click "Add Schedule" and enter the name of the new schedule
Once your schedule is made you will want to add ordering dates or an "order window". Each order window is comprised of 3 different dates: the pickup date, the order start date, and the order end date.
- Click on "Add Dates"
- Enter a pickup date and select a date range for your order window
Order Deadline Cutoff Time
Control the time of day ordering is cutoff from Settings / Store / Order Deadline Cut-Off Time.
By default, the cutoff time will be Midnight of the deadline date. By setting the time before midnight, ordering will be marked as closed after the cutoff time and until the next order start date is available.
Order Deadline Reminder
On the 'Reminders' tab, you have the ability to trigger an automated email that will send to your customers associated to the particular schedule, reminding them to place their orders before the cut-off period.
Example of the 'Deadline Reminder' email we send at Seven Sons. (Overview of email templates coming up in a future lesson).
NOTE: Changes to deadline reminder email templates need to be complete at least 24hrs prior to the deadline for changes to take effect.