With bundles, it is possible for a product to share the inventory of another product. This is useful for creating multi-pack bundles.
Example: If you have a Ground Beef product and you want to start selling a 25 Pack of Ground Beef Bundle. Instead of maintaining a separate inventory, the 25 Pack of Ground Beef could share the inventory of the single ground Beef product. This way if there are not enough of the single ground Beef product in stock (let's say there are only 24 in stock) then the Ground Beef Bundle would show as out of stock. Likewise, any time a customer purchases a Ground Beef Bundle it will deduct 25 from the single ground Beef product.
How to enable Shared Inventory
- Edit the product that will be sharing inventory with another existing product or products.
- Under the Inventory tab, enable the 'Bundle of Products' option. Save your progress.
- Under "Track Inventory" select "Track Inventory on Bundle".
- Click 'Add Product' and search for the product you want to share inventory with.
- Enter the total amount of inventory that should be deducted in the "Quantity" field and click 'Add Product'
*Repeat steps 5-6 for all the products you want to share inventory with.